Presenters at CRIEI are encouraged to design panel or poster presentations that create dialogue around compelling research issues. At previous conferences, research topics included research methodologies, intervention, assessment, measuring outcomes and other complex child and family variables, service systems, policy, and personnel development related to young children with disabilities and their families.
A number of features promote the unique spirit of this conference:
- The meeting is held in a beautiful setting that allows participants to enjoy one another and the environment.
- All conferees attend the entire meeting.
- All conferees participate in a research panel and/or research poster session.
- The panel sessions consist of no more than two to three brief presentations, designed to stimulate dialogue (up to 75 minutes), and are followed by at least 45 minutes of group discussion. Each panel session is allotted a total of 2 hours.
- Time is provided for poster presentations, light snacks, and conversation each evening.
- Extended break times are provided throughout the day to facilitate informal discussion and networking.
- A special reception will be held for Doctoral Students and Early Career Attendees
CRIEI 2018 Planning Committee
- Jane Squires, Chair
- Angel Fettig, Co-Chair
- Sam Odom, Logistics Chair
- Micki Ostrosky, Past Chair
- Crystal Bishop
- Veronica Fleury
- Robin Hojnoski
- Carla Peterson
- Yasemin Turan
- Brian Reichow
- Elizabeth Steed
Thanks to Conference Committee members who finished their terms: Erin Barton, Laura Hall, Mary Louise Hemmeter, Lee Ann Jung, Kristen Missall